Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice on the Pond

It finally got cold enough for a bit of ice to form on the pond. Benjamin and Molly were amazed to see the pond frozen over and spent a lot of time throwing rocks on the ice, breaking off large sheets of ice and shattering them, and even standing on top of the ice at the very edge of the pond. Benjamin wanted to go back to the pond constantly for two days. He filled the freezer with sheets of ice to save for later. Now, if we could just get a bit of snow his life would be complete.


1 comment:

chipper said...

Hello Sheehans of Shanghai. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!! I loved the pictures. It appears as though you are all getting settled in to life in China. Sounds like everyone got their Christmas present wishes. All is going well here in TX. I had the distinct pleasure of dressing up as ol' Saint Nick for our Coffee shops open house. Complete with picture with Santa for the kids. Fortunately I only had to play Santa for half of the 4 hours. We somehow managed to get Grandpa McLain to do it for the first two hours. What a great sport. He had a lot of fun though. I sort of blew it toward the end. I had my beard pulled down while sitting around waiting for the next group of kids to show up, really hoping that would not happen. Well, it did. I scrambled to pull my beard back up, but alas was too slow. One of the boys commented, "Let's get out of hear dad, that Santa is a fake". Oh well, based on his comment the little brat must still believe there is a "REAL" Santa out there somewhere. I could not stop laughing over that sitution. Wish we would have been getting it all on video. Anyway really just wanted to say hey. God Bless all. I guess David is leaving for Iraq on Thursday. Keep him in your prayers. If you don't pray........flippin' start